Search

Google
 

Saturday, October 20, 2007

continued

[114] 청소년에게 영향 가족?친구? * 친구 청소년 문화 성향/ 많은 시간 같이 보냄

People, especially educators, often discuss whether the family is the most important influence on young adults or not. I strongly believe that friends are the most important influence on young adults because they tent to follow behaviors of their peers and spend more time together than family members.

Firstly, teenagers are influenced by their friends because they tend to follow behaviors of their peers. From favorite stars to a word on everybody's lips, teenagers have their own perspectives and trends, so-called 'juvenile culture'. For example, suppose that a teenager who wants to buy clothes goes shopping to the store with her mother and friends. Although her mother advises her to buy blue jean pants, she is more likely to buy a short skirt that is popular among her friends, because she wants to follow the trends of their peers. We can easily find other examples like this. This illustrates how important the influence of friends is.

Secondly, their friends influence teenagers because they spend more time with their friends than with family. Of course, as everyone knows, people spend most of their lifetime with their family, but especially in adolescence, most teenagers spend a lot of time with their friends not only in school but also after school. For example, suppose that there is a teenager who spends most of his time with his peers in school. What plays a key role in his aptitudes such as favorite food and hobby is not his family but his friend, and he is more likely to resemble behaviors of his friends than his family members. In this way, teenagers resemble their friends in behaviors and aptitudes, not their family.

All of these things into account, friends are the most vital influence on young adults because teenagers have their own trend and spend much time with their friends.

학생생활관련

[135] 고등학교 교복 * 입어야 한다 비행방지 / 옷 살 시간 아낌

People, especially educators, often discuss whether students should wear school uniforms or not. I strongly believe that wearing school uniforms is more beneficial for students than wearing casuals because of prevention of juvenile crime and saving time.

Firstly, having students wear school uniforms helps students stay away from juvenile crime. Of course, it is not the only way of encouraging students to follow school regulations, but it is one of the most effective ways of doing so. Students who wear school uniforms are less likely to engage in teenager delinquency than they would be while wearing casuals. For example, if a group of students have school uniforms, they couldn't hang out in nightclubs or bars, and purchase cigarettes or alcohols at supermarkets because their uniforms clearly reveal their social status to others. This illustrates why school uniforms are needed.

Secondly, school uniforms also help students not to waste time for buying a clothes or shopping. Of course, having students wear school uniforms prohibits students from exhibiting their own individuals. However, the advantages of wearing school uniform far outweigh the modest disadvantage. For instance, if a school has students wear casuals, high school students, who are very sensitive to appearance, would want to buy new and diverse clothes and are less likely to spent their time for studying than they would while wearing school uniforms. In this way, students would have more time for studying through wearing school uniforms.

All of these things into account, by wearing school uniforms, students can avoid juvenile misbehavior and study harder.

친구랑? 그룹단체?

[173] 돈 빌리면 우정 해친다? * 해친다 친구를 피하게 된다 / 동등한 관계가 깨진다

People, regardless of their job or age, often discuss whether borrowing money from a friend can harm or damage the friendship or not. I strongly believe that borrowing money from a friend will harm their friendship because it makes them avoid each other and breaks their equal relationship.

Firstly, by borrowing money from a friend, people will avoid each other. Of course, if borrowers pay money back on time, there is no problem, but if they couldn’t repay until the deadline, borrowers would tell a lie such as “I will pay it back by tomorrow.” and naturally avoid lender, and lenders would also avoid them in order not to make borrowers feel uncomfortable. Moreover, in Korea, most relationships are made in a workplace or school where they frequently go, so when people have some finance troubles with friends, they should avoid meeting friend everyday, and ultimately lose their friendship. This illustrates why borrowing and lending money between friends is dangerous.

Secondly, borrowing money from a friend will break friends’ equal relationship. As everyone knows, the real friendship is based on the equality, and only when they are equal, they could treat each other wholeheartedly, so a borrower and a lender couldn’t be a friend. If a borrower does not keep the deadline, he or she would feel sorry so might have to do what he or she does not want to do: flattering their friend or trying to read a friend’s mind, and a lender should remind the borrower to repay money again and again and finally get angry with him or her. In this way, it is hard for those who borrow money from their friends to preserve their equal relationship.

All of these things into account, borrowing money will be harmful for the friendship because it makes friends keep away from each other and unequal.

친구랑? 그룹단체?

[110] 시간 보내기 친구랑? 혼자? * 같이 보내기 시야를 넓힘 / 어려움을 극복

People, especially friends, often discuss whether spending their time with one or two friends is more preferable than being with a lot of friends or not. I myself prefer to spend most of my time with large numbers of friends because of expanding my horizon and overcoming my hardship more easily.

Firstly, by spending my time with many friends, I can expand my horizon. Of course, being with one or two friends gives me a deep friendship, but as a university student who prepares to go into the ever-changing world, it is more important for me to be exposed to diverse opinions. For example, suppose that I who place great emphasis on the value of life debate about euthanasia with a lot of friends. Although my view about euthanasia is established long before the discussion, I will realize that there are several positive aspects of euthanasia such as respecting the right of people. In this way, I can expand my horizon with a lot of friends each of whom have their own perspectives and backgrounds.

Secondly, by spending my time with many friends, I can overcome my hardship more easily. With my lack of experience, it is difficult for me to quickly adapt to a new circumstance or sudden hardship, so I need advices of large numbers of friends. Suppose that I cause a car accident I have never experienced before, and am with a lot of friends at hand. Although I am very embarrassed and do not know what I should do next, my friends, each of whom has more diverse experiences and knowledge than I do, would teach me how to cope with that kind of problem: calling an insurance company and a auto repair shop. In this way, a large number of friends help me to overcome difficult problems.

All of these things into account, spending with large number of friends enable me to expand my horizon and solve the difficulties. It is still clear for me that many friends will benefit me.

친구랑? 그룹단체?

[111] 한두명/ 다수친구 머가 조아? 장점 비교하고 내 선호 쓰기

*한두명 깊은 우정, 진심 어린 충고 *다수 친구 시야를 넓힘 / 어려움을 극복

Some people want to spend their time with one or two friends, and other people prefer to be with a large number of friends. I will compare the advantages of these two different ways and use specific examples to support my preference.

On the one hand, by spending their time with one or two close friends, people can make a deep friendship. For example, suppose that there is a student always spends a lot of time with one or two friends, going to school, having lunch, and doing assignment together, so when he or she hesitates to choose major in university, they will give him or her heartfelt advices: finding your talent and choosing what you really want to do, while others will recommend popular or attractive job with out any deep concern, because they comprehend his or her perspectives better than any other. This illustrates why a deep friendship with one or two friend is needed.

On the other hand, I myself prefer to spend my time with many friends because I can expand my horizon and overcome my hardship more efficiently. For example, suppose that I cause a car accident I have never experienced and am with a lot of friends at hand. Although I am very embarrassed and have no idea what I should do next with my lack of experience, I am more likely to overcome the serious problem than I would while being alone. My friends, each of whom has a lot of experiences and knowledge, would teach me how to do: calling an insurance company and an auto repair shop, so I could meet the challenge easily. In this way, many friends are more beneficial for me.

All of these things into account, I prefer to spend time with lots of friends than to do with one or two close friends. There is no doubt in my mind that many friends will benefit me.

친구랑? 그룹단체?

[184] 혼자 공부/ 그룹 스터디 * 그룹 스터디 많은 것을 알게 됨 / 시야를 넓힘

People, especially students, often discuss whether studying alone is more efficient than doing with peers or not. I myself prefer to study with a group of friends because I can learn from them and expand my horizon.

Firstly, by studying with a group of students, people could learn many things they don't know. Of course, studying alone helps people to concentrate their study more deeply, but if there are some difficult problems they couldn't solve alone, they would need other friends' help. Suppose that a mathematics teacher gives students a difficult assignment most of them do not know well, for example, and there are both kinds of students who study alone or with their friends. Compared with students who solve the problem alone, groups of students are more likely to solve the question precisely, because they could exchange their opinion about the problem and learn several formulas they don't know from each other. This illustrates why group study is needed for students.

Secondly, by studying with a group of students, people could expand their horizons. As everyone knows, when they are faced with various opinions, people could expand their perspectives. For instance, suppose that a student who places great emphasis on the value of life debates about euthanasia with a group of his peers. Although his view about euthanasia is established before the discussion, he could know other views and realize the positive aspect of euthanasia: respecting the right of people who have no hope to live any more. In this way, students could widen their mental visions by studying with many friends.

All of these things into account, students who want to learn many things and broaden their mental visions should study with a group of their peers. It is very clear for me that studying with many friends will benefit me.

친구랑? 그룹단체?

[170] 그룹이나 단체가 중요한 이유 * 어려움을 극복 / 사업을 도와줌

People, especially sociologists, often discuss the importance of groups or organizations for people's lives. I strongly believe that groups are vital parts of the society because they help people overcome their hardship and run their own business more efficiently.

Firstly, groups and organizations help people to solve difficulties easily. Because Korea is a peninsula consisting of a lot of mountains, from landslide to forest fire, there are a lot of disasters related with mountains that annually people couldn't overcome by themselves, so others’ help is strongly required. For example, suppose that there are homeless people who are harmed by a forest fire, and they lost their houses and properties and even have no food to eat. Many non-profit organizations that spread out all over the world would gather donations and send aid goods to them, and most broadcast companies would report this tragedy and ask public to help. This illustrates why groups and organizations are needed in the modern society.

Secondly, groups and organizations help businesses. Because they often need enough money, partnerships, and patrons, most companies should meet a lot of people. For example, suppose that a person who has his own construction company knows a large number of groups and organizations such as a group of realtors or builders and make a good relationship with them. He is more likely to succeed in his business than he would while not knowing them, because he could have more chances to obtain business funds, information, and manpower. In this way, groups and organizations is important for people who work for any company.

All of these things into account, people need groups and organizations in their lives because they help people who are confronted with disaster and run their own company.

No comments:

xrox

Analytics