Search

Google
 

Saturday, October 20, 2007

furthur continued 4

177] 친구 충고-/여행 비교

* 여행-스트레스를 풀고, 견문을 넓힌다 * 편리하고, 인간을 만난다

If one of my friends ask me whether he plans to use all of it to go on a vacation or to buy a car, I would recommend him to buy a car because of convenience and good relationships. Let me compare between going on a vacation and buying a car.

On the one hand, those who place great emphasis on relaxing tension and expanding a horizon will advise him to go on a vacation. Traveling to a rural place far from a big city will help him feel fresh and delight, so a friend of mine who works for a large company so is always under stress could completely reduce not only his physical tension but also his mental stress. Moreover, while he climbs Rockey Mountain or travels to Ankor Watt in Cambodia where he has never been, he is likely to realize how the world is large and expand his horizon. This illustrates why spending all the money going on a vacation is considerable.

On the other hand, I find several positive aspects of having a car: convenience and personal relationship. Of course, he will have to pay extra payments for the car such as a tax and insurance, but if he has his own car, he can take various advantages in the long run. As a busy and stressful businessman, he can reduce the stress of riding crowed public transportations and do not have to ask friends carrying lodges to his workplace any more. Furthermore, he can visit his parents, relatives, and friends who he should live far apart owing to his job so he couldn't often meet frequently. In this way, buying a car gives him both convenience and good relationship continuously.

All of these into account, although going on a vacation give him a comfortable rest and a chance to expand his perspectives, I'll advise him to own a car for his better life in the future.

개인

[156] 2주 동안 해외방문 중국 * 중국 문화적으로 가까운 나라 / 여러 가지 기후경험

People, regardless of their job, often discuss which country they want to travel for their two-week free time. If I have a chance, I definitely choose to go to China for two weeks because it has a similar culture to my country and so wide that I could enjoy different nature for two weeks.

Firstly, I would like to go China because it has a intimate culture. Of course, Japan is also as close as China, but China has closer cultural characteristics than Japan does. From ancient times, its diverse cultural elements such as letters, music, and drawing have influenced the culture of my country, Korea. Moreover, I am majoring in fine art, especially sculpture, and interested not only in traditional art but also in contemporary art, so ever-changing Chinese modern art that is related with Korean current art must be beneficial for me. For these reasons, I want to visit China for learning their culture related with our culture.

Secondly, I would like to go China because it is so wide that I could enjoy different nature. Korea, my county, is a small peninsula that has a simple geological characteristic. From climate to scenery, china has a variety of features of nature, so I could enjoy them during one trip. For example, if I travel to China and ride a train that crosses the whole continent from the eastern city, Beijing, to the western city, Xian for nearly 13 hours, I could see a cold highland, a large dark plain, sunny coast, and wide lakes that I have never seen in my country. This illustrates why I would like to visit china for my leisure time.

All of these things into account, traveling to China helps me to understand their intimate culture and enjoy various climates.

개인

[013] 식당에서 식사, 집에서 식사 * 식당 시간절약 / 다양한 선택

People, regardless of their job, often discuss whether eating food at home is more preferable than eating at restaurant or not. I myself prefer to eat at food stands or restaurants because it is time-saving and give me diverse choices.

Firstly, by eating at food stands or restaurants, I could save my time. Of course, I should go out and sometimes go far away from my home to eat at a restaurant, but as far as time for preparing are concerned, cooking and eating at home is more time-consuming. In my case, I’m preparing to enter a graduate school so I don’t enough time to prepare and cook food at home. In order to prepare a meal, I should go grocery shopping to buy some ingredients and kitchenware, as well as learn how to cook from others or books, so lost my time. This illustrates why I prefer to eat outside.

Secondly, by eating at restaurants, I could enjoy a variety of food. Of course, food that is made in home is safe and clear, but it could not make me satisfied owing to its limited menu. If I should always eat at home, all I could eat is what I could cook. Moreover, I have sensitive taste and enjoy a large range of food, such as Chinese, Japanese, or Western style food, so it is only at restaurants that I could eat them. In these days, food industry has flourished more and more, and there are various chain stores. From a famous American family restaurant to a distinct Indian restaurant, I could choose among diverse alternatives according to my feeling. In this way, a variety of restaurants in nowadays help me to have many choices.

All these things into account, I could save my time and money and have a lot of choices by eating out at restaurants.

개인

[009] 작은 도시, 큰 도시? * 큰 도시 편리 / 안전

People, regardless of their sex or age, often discuss whether living in a small town is more preferable than in a big city or not. I myself prefer to live in a big city because of convenience and safety.

Firstly, by living in a big city, I could use a variety of facilities. Of course, living in a small town will give me intimate relationships with my neighborhoods, but as a university students majoring in fine art, especially sculpture, I need various facilities of a big city. For example, a modern art museum or galleries that have an exhibition nearly once a week helps me to study ever-changing contemporary art. Moreover, I can buy such art supplies as a canvas or brushes that are always needed for my art works in large shopping centers in a big city whenever I need. This illustrates why living in a big city is preferable for me.

Secondly, living in a big city ensures my safety. Surely, in these days, there are a lot of crimes everyday in a big city, but it is just because of high density and popularity there, and security system of a big city is more reliable than that of a rural place. In my case, as a woman living alone, security is the most important requirement of my housing because most thieves have their eyes upon houses where woman lives alone. From automatic security system to guard s or police officers who locate near each building, there are a lot of components that protect me from a theft or serious crime. In this way, a big city guarantees my security.

All of these things into account, living in a big city helps me to use a large number of facilities that are helpful my study and to be safe in the modern society.

개인

[182] 애완동물, 가족 구성원으로 여김 - 좋다고 생각해? * 외로움을 잊게 한다 / 웃게 만든다

People, regardless of their age or sex, often discuss whether treating pets as their family is good or not. I myself strongly believe that raising a pet is beneficial for people because it reduces their loneliness and makes them delightful.

Firstly, by raising pets, people can forget their solitude. Of course, taking care of them and buying such necessaries as feeds or snacks must be time- and cost-consuming, but pets are good friends of lonely people who isolate alone in modern society. For example, several researches indicate that the old who live apart from their offspring are more likely to live longer with intimate pets such as dogs or cats than they would be while living alone because pets get rid of their solitude. Moreover, many psychologists say that patients are more likely to be restored when they raise and depend on a pet. This illustrates why pets are needed for lonely people.

Secondly, by raising pets, people can laugh. Although Korean economy has been decreased in these days, the rate of population of raising pets has increased more and more. This indicates that pets play an important role in reducing people’s daily stress and give a delight of life. For instance, in my case, my family live with Sinkey, 5 year-old miniature pinscher, and he has made my family laugh whenever we look at him. When my family suffered from finance crisis and when I had a problem in entering university, with a cute appearance and intimate behavior, Sinkey helped my family to laugh without any concern and ease our tension. In this way, pets encourage people to laugh while playing them.

All of these things into account, people who live with their pets can not only forget their solitude but also feel happy.

개인

[160] 불평할 때 글로 할래, 직접 할래 * 더 논리적으로 적을 수 있다 / 무시당하지 않을 수 있다

People, especially clients, often discuss whether complaining in writing is more effective than doing in person. I myself prefer to complain in writing for most of the cases because it is more reasonable and not neglected

Fist of all, by writing a complaint letter, I can explain my dissatisfaction more logically. Of course, writing a letter, I should spend a lot of time writing it and waiting a respond. However, what is most important is not how fast I can have a result but how reasonable complaint I can make. For instance, when I went to a restaurant with my family, I was uncomfortable with the employees of the restaurant who were not concerned about customers and made a noise. I wrote e-mail to the manager after several days. With organized complaint, I could express my dissatisfaction logically, and ultimately receive an attentive letter of apology from the manager and employees. If I complained directly, I couldn't say carefully and reasonably because I was very angry at that moment.

Moreover, complaint in writing is more formal and less likely to be ignored. As everyone knows, people tent to ignore words of the young or women, and as a young girl, my complaint in person is likely to be easily neglected and regarded as a joke or trivial grumbling, so I prefer to complain my dissatisfaction through the formal way such as e-mail. For example, let’s say that I find unexpected particles in my instant food that I bought in a supermarket. If I write an e-mail to the company, rather than go there personally, my opinion is less likely to be ignored because my mail will not reveal my young appearance and female voice but show logical complaint. This illustrate why I prefer to complain in writing.

All of these things into account, complaining through a letter could lead a satisfactory result in that it is logical and formal, so I prefer to write a complaint e-mail to the manager when I am dissatisfied with a product of service.

No comments:

xrox

Analytics